VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE
OCTOBER 10, 2023
✅ Check your Voter Registration Status.
You can check your Voter Registration Status on the Ohio Secretary of State Website. In Ohio, those who do not vote, update their address information or respond to board of elections notices may be removed from the voter registration rolls. Check Your Voter Registration Status now!
✅ Update your Name or Address
If your name or address has changed, you must update your voter registration information by submitting a new voter registration form. You can do this online on the Ohio Secretary of State’s website or in-person or by mail (details below).
✅ Register to Vote
- online at the Ohio Secretary of State’s website.
- by mail. Print the voter registration form and mail the completed form to the Athens County Board of Elections Office, 15 S. Court Street, #130, Athens, Ohio 45701.
- in-person at any of the following Athens County locations:
- Athens County Board of Elections Office, 15 S. Court Street, #130, Athens, Ohio 45701
- The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles-Driver License Division, 1002 East State St., Suite 20, Athens, 45701
- Athens County Department of Job and Family Services (former County Home), 13183 State Route 13, Millfield, Ohio 45761
- OhioMeansJobs – Athens County, 510 W. Union Street, Ste. 102, Athens, OH 45701
- Athens County Treasurer’s Office, 15 S. Court Street, Athens, Ohio 45701
- Any public library, public high school or vocational school.
Identification Needed to Register to Vote
- A non-expired Ohio drivers license or ID card issued by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- The last four digits of your social security number.
Voter Registration Eligibility
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or in prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.
(source: Ohio Secretary of State 23Aug2023)
VOTER REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? CONTACT
The Athens County Board of Elections
15 South Court Street, #130
Athens, OH 45701
Athens County Board of Elections Website